Pacific Railroad
Preservation Assoc.

About the PRPA

PRPA logo

Our Mission

PRPA Organization and Members

PRPA Crew at Portland's Oaks Park in 2006

Support and Funding

Concessions trailer at Portland's Oaks Park in 2004

A variety of sources provide the money we need to operate, including

 

Our Home

The PRPA is headquartered at the Oregon Rail Heritage Center (ORHC), where the SP&S 700 is housed and maintained along with the SP 4449 and OR&N 197. All three steam engines were donated by their respective railroads to the City of Portland in the 1950's at the end of the steam era and found a long-term home within the Brooklyn Roundhouse. The engines vacated Brooklyn in June, 2012, so that Union Pacific, our most gracious and generous host for more than a decade, could expand its intermodal facility and support its growing business. The Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation (ORHF), of which the PRPA is a member organization, was formed to find a new home for the locomotives and has successfully built the Oregon Rail Heritage Center now taking shape near OMSI. Please visit ORHF's capital campaign site to contribute directly to this ongoing effort!

 

The map at right shows the location of the ORHC Enginehouse (red marker, street address: 2250 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR 97214), the ORHC parking lot at the corner of SE Caruthers St. and SE Grand Ave. (under the new 99E viaduct), the new Portland Streetcar stop, and OMSI.

Contact Us

You may contact us at the following addresses: