The ORHF Holiday Express train is one of Portland's favorite holiday traditions. Come join us and the SP&S 700 at Oaks Park November 29 & 30 and December 1, 6-8, & 13-15!
View older news items in the archives.
- Holiday Express is under way behind the SP&S 700. Come on down to Portland's Oaks Amusement Park to see us run. Visit the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation website for more details or get your tickets at TicketsWest.com. We hope to see you there!
- Tickets go on sale today for ORHF's Holiday Express excursions! This year's event will span three weekends - Nov 29-Dec 1, Dec 6-8, and Dec 13-15 - and the SP&S 700 will lead all the trains. Make plans for your family to join Santa and his helpers on a fun and leisurely jaunt on the Oregon Pacific along the Willamette River aboard vintage railcars.
- The Antique Powerland Museum is holding the 43rd annual Great Oregon Steam Up July 27 & 28 and August 3 & 4 in Brooks, OR. Bring the whole family down to enjoy this fun, interesting, and educational event. The PRPA concessions team will be in front of the Willow Creek Railroad to offer SP&S 700 paraphernalia and other railroad-related items. We hope to see you there!
- Union Pacific announced plans yesterday to restore Big Boy #4014 after reaching an agreement with the Southern California Chapter - Railway & Locomotive Historical Society in Pomona, CA, to reacquire the massive locomotive. Read more here. Bravo and good luck in this immense undertaking!
- The SP&S 700 had a very successful outing to Portland Union Station for National Train Day last Saturday. The Lady was even featured in a TRAINS news wire article: http://trn.trains.com/en/Railroad%20News/News%20Wire.
- A "v-scale" SP&S 700 model for RailWorks rail simulator has been offered for sale by G-TraX Simulations as part of its "Preservation Series" of offerings. Net proceeds from the sale of this model are donated to the PRPA for the continued preservation of the 700.
Even two years after the release of their product, G-TraX continues to be one of the PRPA's top donors based on this program! View the G-TraX website for details or to make a purchase.
Can't find what you're looking for on the new site? Click here to try the old one!