View older news items in the archives.
- The Northwest Steam Rodeo Special mainline excursion planned for September 12 has been cancelled due to insufficient ticket sales. Those who have already purchased tickets will be receiving a full refund soon. We apologize for any inconveniences this cancellation may have caused. We are currently considering other possible events that the public and fans of the SP&S 700 might enjoy.
- National Train Day at Portland Union Station was once again a big success. The SP&700 was joined by NTD newcomer Nickel Plate 190, an Alco-GE PA, as well as many other historic and modern items of rolling stock.
- This Saturday, December 21, the SP&S 700 will once again be bringing Santa to BNSF's Holiday Party in Vancouver, WA (next to the Amtrak station). Bring the kids to see Santa, pay a visit to the 700's cab, and donate a toy in support of the USMC's Toys for Tots drive. We hope to see you there.
- Holiday Express has been a great success once again this year. Crowds of people came out to see the SP&S 700, and the engine performed perfectly. Thanks to all who came out to see us, to everyone who volunteered with ORHF, and to those members of the 4449 crew who helped us out by taking on a few shifts of overnight guard duty.
- A "v-scale" SP&S 700 model for RailWorks rail simulator has been offered for sale by G-TraX Simulations as part of its "Preservation Series" of offerings. Net proceeds from the sale of this model are donated to the PRPA for the continued preservation of the 700.
Even two years after the release of their product, G-TraX continues to be one of the PRPA's top donors based on this program! View the G-TraX website for details or to make a purchase.