View older news items in the archives.
- The SP&S 700 had a very successful outing to Portland Union Station for National Train Day last Saturday. The Lady was even featured in a TRAINS news wire article: http://trn.trains.com/en/Railroad%20News/News%20Wire.
- National Train Day is back on for Portland this year! The SP&S 700 will be steamed up and on display, and we hope to see you all down at Union Station on May 11!
- The PRPA's annual business meeting is less than two weeks away, 10am till noon, January 12, at the Multnomah Arts Center. The meeting will include elections for directors & officers, a vote on a proposed by-laws change, and a video presentation recapping a very successful year for the PRPA. The meeting is open to members and their personal guests, but if you are not a member and would like to join you can do so online on our Contribute page or at the door. Thanks to all who made 2012 the great year it was!
- The SP&S 700 will be bringing Santa Claus to BNSF's Holiday Celebration next to the Amtrak station in Vancouver, WA, with arrival at about 11:00. See The Columbian's article to learn more about this fun and festive public event, and don't forget to bring a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the USMC's "Toys for Tots" program.
- The first of ORHF's Holiday Express Trains leaves the station tomorrow!! The SP&S 700 will be leading the trains this first weekend,
Friday Nov. 30 through Sunday Dec. 2, on 40 min. excursions departing from Oaks Amusement Park.
Visit the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation website for more details or get your
tickets at TicketsWest.com. We hope to see you there!
- The grand opening of the Oregon Rail Heritage Center will be Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 22-23 from 10am-5pm. Come see the SP&S 700, SP 4449, and OR&N 197 in their sleek new home and enjoy prizes, live music, activities for the kids, and light refreshments! Because our opening is timed to coincide with the inauguration of Portland Streetcar's brand new "Central Loop" (Sept 22 at 10am), you can even take their new train to see our old trains. See the web pages of the Oregon Rail Heritage Foundation and Portland Streetcar for more information.
- A "v-scale" SP&S 700 model for RailWorks rail simulator has been offered for sale by G-TraX Simulations as part of its "Preservation Series" of offerings. Net proceeds from the sale of this model are donated to the PRPA for the continued preservation of the 700.
Even two years after the release of their product, G-TraX continues to be one of the PRPA's top donors based on this program! View the G-TraX website for details or to make a purchase.
Can't find what you're looking for on the new site? Click here to try the old one!