The ORHF Holiday Express train is one of Portland's favorite holiday traditions. Come join us and the SP&S 700 at Oaks Park November 28-30 and December 5-7 & 12-14!
View older news items in the archives.
- The train is leaving the station! Every hour from Oaks Park, that is. The SP&S 700 is pulling Santa and his helpers aboard the Holiday Express for the next three weekends. Get your tickets at TicketsWest!
- The dates have been set for ORHF's Holiday Express. The event will again span the three weekends immediately following Thanksgiving - Nov 28-30, Dec 5-7, and Dec 12-14. Make plans for your family to join Santa and his helpers on a fun and leisurely jaunt aboard vintage railcars pulled by the SP&S 700 along the Willamette River on the Oregon Pacific Railroad. Tickets are on sale now at TicketsWest. We hope to see you there!
- BNSF's annual holiday celebration in Vancouver, WA, will be held on December 20. Bring the kids to see Santa, pay a visit to the 700's cab, and donate a toy in support of the USMC's Toys for Tots drive!
- CORRECTION: Make plans to attend the PRPA's annual business meeting, Saturday, January 10. The meeting will start at 10am and will include elections, a review of 2014, a peak at next year, and a multimedia show. The public is welcome to attend.
- The Lerro Productions charter went very well, with engineer Abney putting on a great show with the SP&S 700 for the dozens happy participating photographers. The 700 performed MANY snappy run-bys in both daylight and evening with the PRPA crew car, the Friends of the 4449's Travelers Rest, and the OPR's Santa Rosa, as well as some static roster poses and poses with our vintage-looking crew. Special thanks to the OPR's Dick Samuels, Brian McCamish, and crew, the several ORHF volunteers who helped us host the event, and the Friends of the 4449.
- Lerro Productions has arranged a photo shoot featuring the SP&S 700 steaming around the ORHF enginehouse and the OP interchange yard on Tuesday, October 14. This is a private shoot (no tresspassing!), but there are still several openings left. For more information or to purchase tickets go to http://www.lerroproductions.com/photo-charters/upcoming-charters/oregon2014. We hope to see you there!
- The Northwest Steam Rodeo Special mainline excursion planned for September 12 has been cancelled due to insufficient ticket sales. Those who have already purchased tickets will be receiving a full refund soon. We apologize for any inconveniences this cancellation may have caused. We are currently considering other possible events that the public and fans of the SP&S 700 might enjoy.
- National Train Day at Portland Union Station was once again a big success. The SP&700 was joined by NTD newcomer Nickel Plate 190, an Alco-GE PA, as well as many other historic and modern items of rolling stock.
- A "v-scale" SP&S 700 model for RailWorks rail simulator has been offered for sale by G-TraX Simulations as part of its "Preservation Series" of offerings. Net proceeds from the sale of this model are donated to the PRPA for the continued preservation of the 700.
Even two years after the release of their product, G-TraX continues to be one of the PRPA's top donors based on this program! View the G-TraX website for details or to make a purchase.